1/3/15
Finding I was pregnant.
Well it was not on stick like most people. I had been in pain all week on my lower right back. A lot of pain. I thought it could be more kidney stones since I had about 20 removed from my urter last summer. The pain felt similar which made me nervous since I really didn't want surgery again. I had gone to work but was in pain still. Really dizzy and felt nauseous. My work sent me to urgent care. At urgent care she had me do a urine test said I definitely had a severe uti and possibly kidney infections. Told me to go to the ER if any of my symptoms worsened. Well my works 45 min in no traffic. On my way home she called and asked if I could possibly be pregnant? I told her I just stopped tasking birth control a month ago and my period was supposed to come any day now.She told me to get a pregnancy test when I went to the pharmacy to pick up my rx. Still driving home she called me back again. She still had my urine sample tested and called b me back told me to pull over. So I pulled over to a McDonald ( comfort from my childhood?). She told me had positive pregnancy test and could be having an ectopic pregnancy ( where the baby is made in the Fallopian tube. As the baby develops the tube can burst and can even cause dealth to the mother. She said I needed to go to the hospital right away. Matt was still in class and Seattle. I called my friend Becca who had just come from the doctor. She met me and drove me to the hospital.Well I had two hours in the waiting room and Matt actually got there in time to be with me yay. But it was weird the whole time Becca was freaking out , I had this calm feeling that everything was going to be fine. In the ER the took blood and urine. Took two ultra sounds. They told me I definitely was pregnant, but barely 4 weeks. There was no damage to my tubes. I had a severe bladder infection. They gave me an IV of saline and antibiotic and sent us home. Told me to do a check up with a midwife / OB in a week. Well that was Halloween week. We had low key halloween at Beccas and waited for my dr. Appt on Tuesday. We went to my midwifery had an ultra sound. Baby was actually on the opposite side of the pain and everything looked normal! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhh! I am so excited for you! What a way to find out. Gosh!
ReplyDelete