4/10/14

Trip to Seattle and UW

So I have been an awful blogger ya its been like six months sorry. But really our lives have been so boring and I didn't really have anything to blog about. Well Matt had been accepted to ASU and UW for grad school. After praying about it we decided that UW felt like the right decision and that we just wanted to fly out there and make sure we didn't hate it first. Well lucky UW payed for Matt to fly out and see the school which was awesome we only had to pay for my flight. Well we fell in love!!!! Everyone warned me oh its so rainy there you will hate it. Um did I ever mention that one of my favorite things ever is the smell after it rains hello. Its beautiful there everything is so green its crazy! Trees every where!!!! I just loved it. Coming from the desert of Las Vegas we were just in aw!Also the people there are just so kind like people are just nice because that is actually how they are not like fake nice ,how I feel most of the people in Utah are. So we arrived in Seattle last Thursday evening took the train , a bus and walked to our hotel. Public transportation interesting experience to say the least. We were able to walk through campus to get to our hotel so gorgeous. University of Washington is supposed to have one of the most beautiful campus in the US. Then we rushed to the hotel so we could watch Greys in Seattle! yes we are nerds. The next day I rode the bus by myself to Bothell while Matt stayed and toured the school. Ok first bloody nose of my life eek. So I walk on the bus with my back pack suite case and purse. My nose starts running I look down at my hand that I had just wiped my nose with and blood. Freaking out I Just lean my head back. This nice lady who sees me struggling hands me baby wipes as she leaves the bus at the next stop. Well srry to go into to many details but it just is gushing!. I am leaning my head and its just running (so gross). Luckily a guy who was standing by me at the the bus stop hands me more napkins. Still not enough! Well another nice lady with bright red hair sits next to me and says do you have enough of those. Pulls out a whole package of Kleenex and says I can have them. HORRIFYING EXPERIENCE! But at least everyone was nice. As I fall out the bus pinching my nose suitcase, backpack, purse, and jackets in hand Kate comes to my rescue! haha. Kate is my good friends little sister who picked me up from the bus. We arrive at Becca's! I was so excited to see her ! We hadn't seen each other in like 4 years. But it seemed like we just picked up were we left off. So course we talked and talked and talked. Finally we went and ate some tasty Thai for lunch and then checked out her friends apt. Then went to the park with Becca's daughter Chloe and her friends daughter. Because it was sunny in Seattle! Later that night we met up with the boys went to fun Mexican restaurant on the water. Went to Gas works park creepy at night! And saw the Fremont Troll also creepy at night haha but cool!The next day we slept in and had yummy waffles for breakfast. Then we later went to Pikes place which was pretty cool! We didn't get to see any fish throwing we waited but I guess no one was in the mood haha. We ate some Beechers mac and cheese to die for! The first Starbucks ever the are everywhere. Devin ( Beccas hubby) says if you are in a Starbucks and u cant see another Starbucks you are not in Seattle.Saw the gum wall cool but gross! The EMP museum outside and the space needle! It was a fun and exciting day!We went home Sunday and we were really sad to go. It was kinda funny moving to Utah we thought Utah was so green! Flying from Washington to Utah was funny we were like look how brown Utah looks! haha.  Yesterday Matt officially accepted his acceptance! So it looks like we are moving to Seattle in August pretty excited!!!










 New Era Washington Huskies 59FIFTY Fitted Hat - Purple



1 comment: