8/9/15
Harrison Carr Palmer
It's two late but we had a lot going on! So I was 35.2 weeks and going to my regular weekly high risk appt. I had recently been hospitalized for preeclampsia and put on magnesium and given two steroid shots for Harry lungs! We hat made two weeks and we're hoping to make it another week and half to 37 weeks. I'd felt crap all day! And Harrison hadn't really been moving at all. It was raining that day and has been wearing a jacket all day so foreign to the native Vegas girl. I had growth ultra to see how much he had grown I was exited. First I had my non stress test ( seriously the worst everyone stresses over their "non stress test " Harry failed rich he normally did, the ultrasound tech and I had become friends because I always needed that extra ultrasound to check him. But it was weird he did move at all not even with buzzer.Got ultra sound he also didn't pass and when I asked the tech how much he grown she said the doctor would tell( not normal) so I went to regular patient room. They took my blood pressure it wA high 195/90. My urine had protein in it. Doctor came I and said Harrison had not grown in two weeks only 3oz so probably not at at all he had gone from the 10th percentile in size to the 3rd! I got scared! He said we need to induce you! I said ok what day? He said n Morgan now today. And if baby can't take labor we will give you a csection! Ok I was freaking out Matt was at gradschoool 45 min away by bus. My phone was dying freaking out it was too early! I thought I had more time I thought get to pick! I called Matt he didn't answer I called my mom , Kirsten , Becca ugh freaking out. I told Kirsten to cal Matt and Becca and get them here! They put a Folley balloon in and sent me to labor and delivery.My doctor wasn't on call but be at 7am and was guessing if still be in labor! Becca got there right after I got to my room. I'm guessing it was around 5:30 6 at this point. Becca got to my room after I got into. Gown. They drew blood and asked questions. Then started me on pitocin. Ps Becca nearly fainted seeing the blood. Matt finally got there Becca left and started having contractions. Geez they hurt and I never got a break! Hoping to go into labor naturally next time pitocin sucks! I had to lay on my side the whole time because Harrison was in distress it sucked! And I had to be on oxygen! I felt so clostrafobic! And stressed! They wouldn't give me pain meds because my nurse wouldn't leave me in my state. Well the dang balloon fell out! Doctor came and checked me I was 9cm 100% effaced. I really wanted a epidural so they pushed me infront of like 9 women waiting broke my water the doctor said yes definitely a 9! I curled up for the epi and a felt like I needed to poop.The needle was in they flipped me over and there was Harrison's head the said chin to chest push theirs his head push and he was out! Purple and screaming! I was so happy to hear him cry Matt said his avant score was an 8 crazy high especially for a preemie! So gosh dang perfect! My placenta tor they had to scrap it out it hurt so ba I passed out because my epi didn't have time to take effect so they turned it off! Ugh the used a ultra sound machine to make sure it was all out. A few stitches more painful the birth unumbed! Harrison was rushed up to the NICU all I remember the nurses saying was how cute he was 4lbs 6oz and 16 1/2 inches long. I didn't get to see him because of the excess bleeding for 7hours it totally killed me but it was love at first sight! Matt and I were afraid to touch him because he was so small! We love our first born and are excited for growing family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a horrible delivery, but we are so happy that he is here and that you are both alright! We love you guys!!
ReplyDelete